Fairway's commitment to Arizona veteran and active duty military men, women and their families includes training and certifying our Loan Officers and Realtor partners as Military Specialists.
Every Training event includes a special donation to a local Hero and/or Charity.
Veterans Affairs (VA) offers special home buyer benefits to qualified veterans. The VA loan provides 100% financing and flexible qualifying standards. Despite the misconception that the VA issues these loans directly, the government simply guarantees the mortgage loans made by traditional lenders. In addition to guaranteeing the loan, The Veteran’s Administration appraises the property to ensure they are satisfied with the risk involved.
Some advantages of a VA home loan:
• Up to 100% financing available
• No monthly private mortgage insurance
• Seller concessions up to 4% of the reasonable value of the property
• Credit scores as low as 580 FICO
• Must be a veteran, active duty or reserve member to be eligible
• Non-traditional credit allowed
• Streamline Refinances with no appraisal (IRRL)
Things to consider with a VA home loan:
• Primary Residences only when purchasing
• Funding Fee (unless exempt)
• Veteran’s must meet the minimum number of days of completed service to be eligible
• Appraisal thru the VA traditionally takes longer with no rush requests allowed, you may need a longer close of escrow period.
All loans are subject to underwriter final approval, terms and conditions may apply. Subject to change without notice. Always consult an Accountant or Tax Advisor for full eligibility requirements on tax deductions.